In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake we make, and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person(s) responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is Dr Seepaul Singh or Judy Dunford.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to Dr Seepaul Singh or Judy Dunford immediately. If Dr Seepaul Singh or Judy Dunford is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be available to talk to the dentist/practice manager and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed immediately to Dr Seepaul Singh or Judy Dunford.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist unless the patient does not wish this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to explain the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days, we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigations.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.